12 November 2009

That November feeling

Living in the Gulf turns the world as we know it upside down. Only yesterday I uttered a phrase I would've never imagined saying in a million years - I love November. Where I come from November means cold, wet gloom. Not seeing the sun or the blue sky for weeks on end. The worst month of the year - gone is the glorious golden coppery early autumn and the white and crisp winter is still far away. But not so here. Here November means the suffocating humid heat has finally left and the cool breeze and temperatures under 35 degrees are back - not too hot, not too cold, perfect time for long walks, sidewalk cafes, beach and picnics in the parks.
In short, I'm well, my mama's been here for a week so I got a break (my yearly holiday, lol) and the low feelings left with the heat.

2 comments:

L_Oman said...

I love November here too. It's so refreshing! We live right next to the sea, so nights get rather chilly for us. Yaaay for no more a/c!

I'm glad you're out of your funk and got a break!

Saboodle said...

Thanks :) We're going to husbandland for Eid so I'm hoping for some doting aunties to win Saboodlette over and give me breathing space, hehe.