27 August 2009

Bukhoor me!

I love perfume. Especially heavy, heady, woody, spicy, smoky ones. Can’t stand the fresh, flowery, “light” scents especially ones made with artificial oils, they give me a headache or/and nausea. That’s probably why I love oudh and bukhoor. i haven’t had any for months and I was missing it. My happiness arrived today in the form of a guilty husband who decided to make up for travelling the first week of ramadhan (and every week prior to ramadhan)by buying a small and expensive sachet of “ramadhan special” bukhoor. Since at our apartment building we have a fairly sensitive (as in going off at odd times day and night) smoke alarm, I decided to avoid th risk and put it not on hot coals but on aluminium foil on electrical cooker. Now my living room smells gorgeous – not too smoky but still incensed not sprayed. After the weekend I’m bukhooring my clothes. I have found “my” bukhoor…

3 comments:

luckyfatima said...

I love bakhoor, too. I used to use it more, but don't do so as often now. An exciting feeling indeed, finding that one special scent you like.

Saboodle said...

I use it much much less now as well. I love it, though :)

Ghost Writer said...

Bakhoor is an odd one for me...I either love it or hate it, find it hard to find the right one!